Elk Grove Baptist Church, Elk Grove, IL
March 16, 2013
Intro: Show for the Cure was founded in 2007 in hopes of raising money for the cure of cancer. Each year a specific cancer is recognized. Within 6 years, we have raised just about $25,000. The show is open to all ages and show abilities (novice and open). We welcome new comers with open arms, and there is always someone to go to if help is needed!
Address: 801 Beisner Rd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. (Elk Grove Baptist Church)
Show Day Contact: 847-347-8982 (Jenna) firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Show hall opens at 7 am for set up, show starts at 8 am sharp.
1. Entry fee for the show is $40. This includes all divisions. Proxy showers may show for $25 and are responsible for finding their own arrangements.
2. Hall space is first come first served with PAID entry. I will not and cannot hold tables without payment.
3. Your entry fee allows you ONE table. Additional tables can be purchased for an additional cost.
4. No fee/entry sharing is allowed. Everyone must personally own the models they are exhibiting, unless they are being proxy shown.
5. Proxy entries must clearly mark their entry form as a Proxy Shower. The proxy shower will not be allowed table space (this is the responsibility of the proxy shower unless other arrangements are made).
6. Refund Policy: Due to the nature of the show, refunds cannot be given. If you should need to cancel your entry, your payment will be taken as a donation to the show. We do apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will understand.
7. If circumstances meet it, those with fewer than 30 horses will be given a smaller table. Please mark on your entry form if you need a full or smaller table.
8. Please complete the entry form and mail it to: Jenna Nejman, 169 Oliver Ct #C, Schaumburg, IL 60193. If paying by paypal, you still need to send in an entry form. Paypal payments can be made at: email@example.com.
Day of show information:
1. Judges will be available for feedback on your entry when requested. Keep in mind all judges places and opinions are final… all judges do have separate tastes, but I can assure all judges at the show are well educated on their division.
2. All horses placing first or second in any NAMHSA qualified class will receive a NAN card and will be eligible for NAN. NAN rules will be applied. Go to http://www.namhsa.org/ for further information.
3. Models are to be stringed with white tags. Side A: Breed and Gender. Side B: Horse’s name and owner’s initials.
4. We will have multiple rings running at once. Please listen for your classes and divisions. We will do our best to make sure you don’t miss classes!
5. Classes will be placed thru 4th. Stock flats (and sometimes paper ribbons) and custom rosettes will be handed out. Additional prizes depend on donations!!
6. Entrants are allowed 3 horses per halter class, 2 per performance. Additional horses may be entered per halter class at the cost of $1.00 each. The entrant can pay for this in advance or at the show by placing the money under the horse. Entrant is responsible for having correct change.
7. Classes may be split at judge’s discretion. Please note… SFTCL is a growing show and classes are getting larger (which is fantastic!). We may not always be able to split classes when an entrant thinks it should be.
8. No animals or smoking allowed in the show hall. Thank you!
Raffle and Silent Auction: We always have fantastic raffles and auctions!
Website: The website (www.showforthecure.com) is up to date on current entrants, raffle and auction prizes, judges, classlists and class rules.
**Show for the Cure is not responsible for any loss, theft, personal injury, or property damage within the show hall.
Would you like to sponsor a class or division in memory of a loved one?
Sponsor a class for a $1.00, a division for $5.00 , or an overall champ for $10. We will announce your name as the sponsor, as well as your loved ones name. If you do not know anyone that has cancer, survived or passed away from it, you can also have your business advertised as well. Any sponsor who donates $100 or more will receive a special plaque.
Jenna Nejman and family- CM Division in Memory of Joe Victor, CM Morgan in honor of Marge Victor, CM TB Class in honor of Sandy Gilmore, Arabian Costume, and OF Arabian class in memory of Saxon Simpson, and the Performance Division in honor of Pat Murphy.
Denise Fritschmann and family: OF Sport Division in honor Mother Arlene Fritschmann and OF Light Division in honor aunt Edith Kroenke